Dark circles under the eyes that show up even when you’re refreshed and energized could be a simple sign of aging — but that doesn’t make them any less bothersome. Dark circles caused by aging can be a bit of an optical illusion. Wrinkles and creases can cast shadows in the under-eye area, resulting in the appearance of dark circles or bags under the eyes.
If you’re looking for an easy way to treat under-eye circles without surgery, CO2 laser resurfacing could be the answer.
How Does a CO2 Laser Work?
CO2 lasers such as CO2RE Fractional Resurfacing work by delivering rapid pulses of laser energy to both the deeper layers and the surface of the skin. This process simultaneously removes damaged skin and gently creates tiny “micro wounds” in the skin, triggering collagen production and cell renewal.
Which Under-Eye Concerns Can a CO2 Laser Treat?
By stimulating your skin’s natural rejuvenation process and smoothing away wrinkles and creases, CO2 laser treatments can treat a variety of common under-eye concerns. These include:
- Dark circles under the eyes
- A hollowed appearance under the eyes
- Under-eye sagging
- Under-eye puffiness
- Under-eye lines, wrinkles and folds
How to Get the Most Out of Your Under Eye Laser Treatment
To help your skin heal quickly and efficiently and get the best under-eye laser treatment results, follow these important aftercare tips:
- Don’t apply makeup, sunscreen or other skincare products for 48 hours after your treatment, unless otherwise instructed by your provider.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 7 to 10 days after your treatment.
- Sleep on a clean pillowcase with your head elevated to help reduce under-eye puffiness.
Does it sound like CO2 laser resurfacing for dark circles could be right for you? Call our Tampa office at 813-877-8067 or contact us online to schedule a consultation to discuss your unique needs and goals.