Whether you’ve read about it, seen it on the news or even heard about it from a friend, you may still be wondering what all the hullabaloo is about laser skin resurfacing. Since the emergence of laser technology for skin resurfacing some decades ago, it has remained one of the top med spa treatments for facial rejuvenation. The list of benefits of laser skin resurfacing is long and the turnaround time to see results is minimal.
How Laser Skin Resurfacing Works
Laser skin resurfacing devices such as the CO2RE Fractional CO2 Resurfacing laser work by treating both the superficial and deeper layers of skin to address a myriad of skin concerns. Laser skin resurfacing can work just about anywhere on the body including the face, neck, and hands.
The dual laser technology creates microscopic holes in the skin’s surface to help eliminate the damaged areas of the skin while stimulating the body’s natural healing response. This response can trigger a boost in the production of collagen — an essential protein responsible for vibrant, supple, and glowing skin. Some of the most common skin concerns that can be treated with laser skin resurfacing include:
- Age-related skin changes. Laser skin resurfacing is a great option for addressing fine lines, wrinkles, and brown spots and it works exceptionally well on lines around the eyes and mouth.
- Sun Damage. Laser skin resurfacing can penetrate deep into the skin’s layers to help correct some of the issues related to too much sun exposure including sun spots, uneven skin tone and texture and redness.
- Scarring. Whether it’s acne scarring, surgical scarring or injury-related scarring, laser skin resurfacing could significantly minimize the appearance of scars by resurfacing the outer layers of skin.
- Lax skin. A boost in collagen can mean more collagen absorption which helps to add bounce back into your skin and firm up the surrounding area.
- Enlarged Pores. With laser skin resurfacing’s smoothing and tightening effects, enlarged pores could appear smaller and skin smoother.
Who Can Benefit from Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing can be beneficial for men and women of all skin types who are wanting to address a broad spectrum of skin concerns including sun damage, wrinkling, scarring, skin laxity and more. One of the biggest benefits of laser skin resurfacing is its capability to provide significant results in less time than topical treatments.